I found some good tips on less obvious iPhone features. I thought I’d e-mail them to myself and then copy them into an iPhone Note.
As far as I can tell, there’s no way to do that. I’d already been aware of the lack of traditional cut/copy/paste, but this was the first time I really found it getting in my way.
The tips were...
- E-mail: Swipe you finger over the listing to quickly show a delete button.
- Quick punctuation: Hold the punctuation button & slide to the key.
- Settings → General → Keyboard → Enable Caps Lock. Then double-tap the shift key to lock it.
- Tap “AT&T” at the top to jump to the top of a web page.
- Use two fingers to scroll text areas, form fields, or scrollable iframes.
- Touch & hold a link to see its destination. (To cancel, drag before lifting your finger.)
- To mark an e-mail as unread, click “Details” and a “Mark as Unread” option will appear.
- The timer (Home → Clock) can put the iPhone to sleep when time is up.
- Earbud switch (in microphone) can be used to answer calls or pause/play music. Holding it for 2 seconds will dump a call to voice-mail. Double-clicking it will skip to the next song.
Hmm...and Safari (on the Mac or the iPhone) doesn’t seem to play well with Blogger.