If I was a McCain supporter...and there was a time when I was a potential McCain supported...I’d be very put out.
- Abandons many of his principles to run towards Bush
- Tries to call this staying the course position “change”
- Hammers the (nonsense) experience angle
- Picks a running mate as vulnerable to the experience argument as anyone
- The “claim to change” which that running mate trots out is misleading at best
Oddly enough, this all seems to be working short term. I like to believe this is sealing his doom long term, but Bush got elected...twice!
It’s fun when you search a list of Bush quotes for “logic” and it says “not found”.